uk101man Posted March 27, 2007 Posted March 27, 2007 I plan to use this thread to post updates to SimpleAD or S.A.D. So far I've been working on the Computer side of SAD. At the moment the following features are working: SimpleAD v.01 • Remote system info • Export said info to Excel - Requires Office 2007 - Sorry • Shut down, Log Off, Restart PC's force or non force • Open the remote computer 'C' drive • Auto log on PC's • Double click on PC for RDP or VNC session • Clear printer Queue All the above is available on a right click of a PC or group PCs' Please feel free to suggest any other features you would like to see on the computer side of SAD. I was thinking of adding a remote kill process and policy update functions!!sad.rar
Gatt Posted March 28, 2007 Posted March 28, 2007 What about support for different VNC Versions? - At moment its looking for RealVNC, at present we use UltraVNC Ability to browse Users Home Drive Just my £0.02
uk101man Posted March 28, 2007 Author Posted March 28, 2007 What about support for different VNC Versions? - At moment its looking for RealVNC, at present we use UltraVNC Ability to browse Users Home Drive Just my £0.02 )I have started working on a new setup screen which will allow people to select different VNC versions amongst other things. Browsing Users Home Drive is already working just disabled as I plan to finish the Computers side of SAD as much as possible.
localzuk Posted March 28, 2007 Posted March 28, 2007 I can't get it to work at all. It prompts for the AD details on first startup - which I enter accordingly and it then states that it can't find the Active Directory. If I then try and right click on the AD node in the list it comes up with a debug error message stating that the username and password are incorrect and do I want to quit or continue.
uk101man Posted March 28, 2007 Author Posted March 28, 2007 Have you tried the above file. Also you must run the app as an Administrator
uk101man Posted March 28, 2007 Author Posted March 28, 2007 Wow 8 downloads ;-) SimpleAD v0.1a: • All features of v0.1 • Rewritten settings screen o The first screen needs information but the second screen you can leave the user fields blank. Also you can select an VNC viewer by clicking on the button next to 'VNC' (this has not been tested as I only use RealVNC) • Added Log in screen o This screen allows you enter details (username/password) of an admin account or leave blank to run as the current user (I suggest you guys leave it blank). I added this screen mainly for me, but it will be used in a later versions.sad_199.rar
uk101man Posted March 30, 2007 Author Posted March 30, 2007 I'm starting think about the user side of SAD and what kind of features to include. So far I have come up with: Add, Delete, Disable, Enable a Users(s) Remove/Add Internet access Home drive / Profile Size Open Home drive / profile Batch add students via Excel or CSV file User account details Batch Password change Can anyone think of anything else?
webman Posted March 30, 2007 Posted March 30, 2007 All it needs is coffee-making functionality using rfc2324/HTCPCP. Don't know if that's compatible with .NET 2 though 8)
netadmin Posted March 31, 2007 Posted March 31, 2007 Not sure if this is possible, but it would be really helpful to have easy MSI deployment tools included in the program. Automatic printer installing (install printer depending on user OU) would also be nice.
robknowles Posted September 8, 2007 Posted September 8, 2007 Hello, How is the program progressing? Wouldn't mind trying the program with the new user features you mentioned. Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now