Hightower Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Has anybody got a checklist of processes they carried out when they moved CC3 to Vanilla? I'm getting their, but it would be cool if I had your checklist to see if I'm missing something obvious - something like: Create users Copy work Copy shared data areas Create printers on server Create trust for SIMS The above is just an example with a couple of items to clarify - obvious your checklists are going to be massive
wesleyw Posted July 5, 2011 Posted July 5, 2011 Create new domain Setup GPOs (Make sure user settings for proxy are correct) Create OUs Create Images for Machines Build Machines Install Print Credit Software Install CD/DVD Emulator Software Add MSIs to Room OUs Add Machines to Domain Move Machines to Room OUs Create User Accounts Create User Email Accounts Create Shares Create Printer Shares Setup Login Scripts - Checking Drive Mapping to Shares Copy Shared Areas onto new system Copy existing users my documents to new system Test user logins, software accessibility, printer access, email and shares I think is about all I can think of straight off. Wes
wesleyw Posted July 5, 2011 Posted July 5, 2011 Add older builds to new Domain Create SIMS domain trust Test SIMS
Hightower Posted July 5, 2011 Author Posted July 5, 2011 @WesleyW - thanks - that's about what I've got as well. Glad it looks like I haven't overlooked something, but keep thinking please (and others) because I bet there's one or two things at least I wouldn't have thought of
Hightower Posted July 6, 2011 Author Posted July 6, 2011 Remove existing DHCP server add new DHCP server It's a completely new network, so the new servers are configured ready for the old ones just to be 'turned off' Dont forget dns. As above, DNS is already configured on the new network Setup AV? Nice one - already spoke to LEA support team about this who have offered advice (pretty much said it's a doddle, nothing to worry about). Keep them coming please
MK-2 Posted July 6, 2011 Posted July 6, 2011 im pretty sure i could chip in here, but im braindead at the moment (which is your fault for telling me to give php a go ) there are always bound to be one or two glitches. what about taking final backups of the system and checking they restore so you have known good backups should you need anything?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now