boomam Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 Wow! I cant get over how many people here have work laptops. I make do with any that I commandeer from around the place but they are usually taken back in short order. Have got a decent spec desktop (unbranded) but it tends to slow with my daily applications, thats and it hates any kind of scanning equipment:p I did have an old lappy from years ago for switches as it was the only one with a serial port. Unfortunatly somewhere along the line of the build project (or this phase of it) it got damaged and so is now spare parts. Ah well, I can dream of a laptop someday:D Tell your SMT/Head/Line Manager that they are essential to your job. Because they are as far as im concerned. I have my own personal job for admin tasks, a D510 that was given back to me when someone left that iupgraded and turned into a diagnostic/ghostcast server. I use it for switch config, network testing, a ghostcast server, ect; I also have a 12" Dell that i found in a cupboard that ive brought back to life.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now