FN-GM Posted June 16, 2011 Posted June 16, 2011 (edited) Hi, Recently i have noticed that there seems to be a lag when uploading attachments. I select my file and it uploads. It finishes upload but then it doesnt attach. When i close the upload window and wait a few seconds it does then attach. Edited January 25, 2012 by ZeroHour 1
ZeroHour Posted June 16, 2011 Posted June 16, 2011 What browser again? I think the browser is just taking a bit of time to run the JS script as its instant on chrome.
FN-GM Posted June 16, 2011 Author Posted June 16, 2011 (edited) This is IE9 on Windows 7 x64 it definitely happen. Infact you close the upload window then open it again. Once it is open again the attachment then attaches to the message. Im not sure if it happened on FireFox 4 on OSX 10.6 - I will check when i get home. Edited June 16, 2011 by FN-GM
ZeroHour Posted June 16, 2011 Posted June 16, 2011 This is IE9 on Windows 7 x64 it definitely happen. Infact you close the upload window then open it again. Once it is open again the attachment then attaches to the message. Im not sure if it happened on FireFox 4 on OSX 10.6 - I will check when i get home. Got this one replicated, I will see if anyone else has reported it and if not add it to the tracker. Cheers 1
elsiegee40 Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 I've had an absolute pain with IE8 and Firefox 4 on XP SP3 trying to attach a jpeg to this post: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/78714-american-english-turn-off-gmail.html#post707558 It just wouldn't do it in either browser When I do it, it looks like the jpeg is going inline and what I get after posting is a link that 404s
ZeroHour Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 I've had an absolute pain with IE8 and Firefox 4 on XP SP3 trying to attach a jpeg to this post: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/78714-american-english-turn-off-gmail.html#post707558 It just wouldn't do it in either browser When I do it, it looks like the jpeg is going inline and what I get after posting is a link that 404s Could you try that again, I have fixed a couple of things.
elsiegee40 Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 I can now see the attachment I made Ta! Whatever you mucked about with in the first place, don't so it again!
Gatt Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 Whatever you mucked about with in the first place, don't so it again! Wouldn't it be better if he didn't do it again? /PEDANT
ZeroHour Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 I have just tried this again with IE9 since vb 4.1.10 and things seem fine now. There is a spinning image in the top right to indicate uploads are happening as a fyi for testing.
FN-GM Posted March 4, 2012 Author Posted March 4, 2012 @ZeroHour this problem happened to me again today. I am using Google Chrome on Windows. Thanks
elsiegee40 Posted March 4, 2012 Posted March 4, 2012 I was getting long delays in Chrome a couple of days ago. I thought it was just me.
ZeroHour Posted March 7, 2012 Posted March 7, 2012 Yeh seems to have been introduced with the new version of vbulletin, looking for a fix.
FN-GM Posted March 9, 2012 Author Posted March 9, 2012 @ZeroHour i am unable to upload any at all now. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now