wesleyw Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 Just wondering if anyone knows of a netop like tool for thin clients but not using vnc? Also does anyone know if Securus would still work in a thin client environment? Thanks Wes
Ric_ Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 NetSupport can be used and I am currently looking at using iTALC which is open source (but VNC-based).
Norphy Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 If you just want to be able to view other peoples sessions, Terminal Services has that facility built in. According to the Securus rep I had in recently, Securus does work in a thin client environment but you need a specific client.
localzuk Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 Ooh! iTALC looks nice. I hope it works! It would be a godsend if it did. They're website looks nice too. Hmm... The instructions for thin client systems seem to be for linux only.
Ric_ Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 @localzuk: I think that it is purely a limitation of the documentation that. I imagine (although have not tested) that a similar setup could be fudged for Windows. What I intend to do is run the client on the actual terminal so that there is no overhead on the server. I think that this should be easier to configure too.
securussoftware Posted March 22, 2007 Posted March 22, 2007 I am the Technical Support Manager @ Securus Software. Securus works perfectly fine on a citrix environment as well as terminal server. Norphy you are correct in what you say, in a citrix environment we would create an MSI for you to specifically run (it edits KEY_CURRENT_USER to point to the Securus Server IP address). Thanks Donna
Guest malcolmg Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 Hi there, I know it's a while since you posted, but I'm new to EduGeek. NetOp products work for thin clients too (Remote Control & School fully support Citrix and Terminal Server). I work for a NetOp supplier, give us a shout if we can help. Cheers, Malcolm (tel 01582 763999)
meastaugh1 Posted June 7, 2007 Posted June 7, 2007 I believe thin client support is being developed for AB Tutor.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now