kennysarmy Posted June 9, 2011 Posted June 9, 2011 Works for me (I installed it) When I try as test teacher says: "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed" I'm using the same shortcut in each case, I just copied the shortcut to a central file share.
kennysarmy Posted June 9, 2011 Author Posted June 9, 2011 The only way I could get this to work was to create my OWN shortcut to the EXE.
AngryTechnician Posted June 9, 2011 Posted June 9, 2011 The installer uses an advertised shortcut for no good reason, which requires Windows Installer to execute the first time a user runs the program. It sounds like you might have Windows Installer heavily locked down for users which would prevent this from working. As I said, there's no good reason for this, since the alternate language installations use non-advertised shortcuts that point straight to the .exe. Attached is a transform that does the same for the English language installs, and should fix your problem without you having to create the shortcut yourself.Fix Shortcuts for All Users.zip
levans Posted December 8, 2014 Posted December 8, 2014 Has anybody managed to resolve this issue? I'm getting the exact same result, even after using the file posted above.
NikChillin Posted December 10, 2014 Posted December 10, 2014 Same here, didn't have an issue in the VM, Can't seem to find the EXE file either.
Arthur Posted December 10, 2014 Posted December 10, 2014 Try the attached MST.Microsoft Small Basic.mst 1
NikChillin Posted December 11, 2014 Posted December 11, 2014 The mst fix didn't work, kept saying not authorized., so logged on as administrator, same problem but the msi then installed for all users... Odd. Sorted now thanks.
Arthur Posted December 11, 2014 Posted December 11, 2014 The mst fix didn't work, kept saying not authorized Out of interest did you remove Small Basic first before reinstalling the MSI with the MST?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now