barbera02 Posted June 4, 2011 Posted June 4, 2011 (edited) Hi everybody I’ve just been looking around and came across a vacency on nottinghamshire concils website http://cms.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/jobs/jobvacancies-detail.htm?vacancyID=17642 Just wondered if anybody had any info on the school ICT i.e. what MIS systems are used also ICT general setup. Cheers Andy Edited June 4, 2011 by barbera02
ctbjs Posted June 4, 2011 Posted June 4, 2011 I don't know anything about the school but I can tell from their Learning Gateway link that they are running SIMS. The website looks as though it needs an overhaul also.
tazz Posted June 5, 2011 Posted June 5, 2011 Hi there, I applied for NM there in 2007, but the best man won! Seriously, it would have been my first NM post and the network was a mess - I was glad I didn't get it. Their admin and curriculum networks were separate - standard in NCC schools. Also they had no budget for anything. The departing NM, despite being under resourced, will have worked hard over the last 3-4 years to bring it up to standard. When I did get my first NM post, he was always there for advice and guidance. I would be more confident to take over now, not only with the experience I now have, but also knowing he was at the helm before me. The school is strict with the kids and has a strong catholic ethos. It was at the centre of some controversy a year or so ago when a teacher attacked a pupil. I think there has been a change in headteacher since I applied which I'm sure would be good for the school. The NM only had a part time technician when I was last in touch - not sure if that has changed, but that would be something I would ask at interview. Also, he was sharing work space with school admin team! Hope this helps.
Netwacky87 Posted June 5, 2011 Posted June 5, 2011 I was umming' and arring' about applying this for post, tazz... but you have put me off lol
barbera02 Posted June 5, 2011 Author Posted June 5, 2011 Cheers for the info, I previously worked at a VA catholic high and that fits your description to a T, not much money and not much direction IT wise. I think ill chuck my hat into the ring and see what comes of it hopefully it would be a good opportunity to make a difference Cheers Andy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now