jumpinjamez Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 I am intrested , this would be a very nice freebie
Guest Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 Thanks for all the intrest guys. I am not giving out the link now until the next update which will be soon. Have been busy with work and a 9 week old so has gone on the back burner a little. Just taking onboard what has been said in this thread and making some addtions. One these are done and people are happy with the look of the site I will create some extra colour themes, plus bundle a photoshop PSD too. If you have a colour shceme you would like to see let me know Then all that is left is a install guide.
MkII Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 Looking forward to it sysman. I want one exactly like your sch site, only blue.. k? (and including flash banners, lighbox effects, and nice expanding menus)
MkII Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 yeah - y'know - you have a list of categories on the left menu, that when clicked, expand to show all sub-categories.
SimpleSi Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 @SYSMAN_MK Nice to have you back - we were thinking of sending out a search party Having had a large learning curve in installing and phpmyadmin etc what I like to know is how do you use all the facilities you've provided because it seems quite daunting to me And as Grumbledook says - the things that we need to change could do with being in the same place if possible and obviously well documented (which if you are a true geek will never happen ) regards Simon
Guest Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 yeah - y'know - you have a list of categories on the left menu, that when clicked, expand to show all sub-categories. Ahh phew thought you ment some flash drop down menu I didn't realise I had made @SimpleSi Whats the daunting part mate? Do you mean editing the content? Nice to be missed
SimpleSi Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 Well as a very small example I login as Admin I can se the edit button for middle area and I can change that - no prob But I can see the school closed for snow at top right - how do i change it/delete it? and that is the smallest of the questions I need to ask How do I change the rotating pictures.? How do I update the news - I tried changing it but none of my changes appeared! etc etc etc regards Simon
Guest Posted April 18, 2007 Posted April 18, 2007 Ok heres a quick answer to those Qs currently to change the message to the right of the banner choose update urgent news from the user menu Random image folder is located in images\stories\random_images just add / remove images from there. To add news just choose submit school news from the user menu and then click on the publishing tab at the bottom of editing window and set status to published Hope this is of some help. All this will be covered once site is comp;ete
Guest Posted April 19, 2007 Posted April 19, 2007 Afternoon All Have added the following to the demo site http://edugeek.octoink.co.uk RSS Feeds Documents Section with sub menu School Council (pupils) News Section News items on front page under welcome message. I haven't added a calendar compnent to keep things simple to start off with. Alot of schools have this information in word / pdf so having a link to this means just this single file has to be updated. Anymore wishlist items then?
Guest Posted April 20, 2007 Posted April 20, 2007 Cheers Mark Right have added two colour themes to the live demo site. See first post for addy. Have tried to give it a web 2.0 feel Plan to create a green theme plus 2 more to make a total of 5. Should be something for everyone then. So aslong as people are happy with the theme then I shall begin the process of putting it all together. Cheers again guys
tosca925 Posted April 22, 2007 Posted April 22, 2007 I like the blue and red themes, can't wait to see the others. I have not had chance to sit down and have a play myself yet but this is on my list and will slowly get to the top. I can't wait to see the green template.
john316 Posted April 24, 2007 Posted April 24, 2007 Is that the Simple Image Gallery plug-in on the home page? If so, how do you get that to display where the Header image used to be? It installs itself as a Mambot and can't be placed far as I can see using Joomla. Is it a case of messing with CSS as that isn't exactly my speciality
Guest Posted April 24, 2007 Posted April 24, 2007 Smooth Gallery is used on the front page for the rotating images. It uses SIG for the gallery images in content menus.
Guest Posted April 27, 2007 Posted April 27, 2007 !! Update !! Next week will see this package finally available for download for all. The different colour themes have been created and can be viewed as usual here. I am in the process of finishing a high conttrast version too. I will first make the site package available with basic install intructions to get the site running, for those with some Joomla knowledge / itching to have a look, with more detailed information to follow. I will also be updating the demo site with more information regarding the package also. Thanks again guys for support and intrest.
MkII Posted April 27, 2007 Posted April 27, 2007 Wikked SYSMAN - you got a real designers touch Roll on next week PS With that base template, I notice that more often than not a little bit of stray code gets displayed in the footer..?
MkII Posted April 27, 2007 Posted April 27, 2007 damn - can't gt it now. I do suspect our LEA filtering - it does do stuff like that - but I was sure I'd checked it from home too...
Guest Posted April 30, 2007 Posted April 30, 2007 !! Update !! Looking for a couple of people to test the installation of the package before I put the link up for everybody to enjoy. Have tried to make it as simple as poss. Just ftp to server, and run through install as normal and the site should then look exactly like the demo site. PM for link. Cheers
gibb66 Posted May 1, 2007 Posted May 1, 2007 I would love to have a test out of the website I'm really keen on using this template I think it would be really beneficial to alot ofschools out there.
Guest Posted May 1, 2007 Posted May 1, 2007 Have got 5 users testing it for me now. Once they come back with an ok I'll post it up
gibb66 Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 Great! do you have an ETA on this as I need one like yesterday as I need to hopefully have a proposal done for next week and would really like to use this template.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now