Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm trying to setup censornet 3.3 but having problems trying to pull user & group info offn my windows (2k3 R2 SP2) domain

 

it keeps saying

 

ERROR: Setup could not contact the domain controller, Please check that the IP Address, Hostname, Domain, Administrator Username & Password ar correct

 

The above info is correct but it wont play ball

 

It found all my workstations fine and that they were running VNC

 

Im running in Ethernet Bridge mode if that helps.

Posted

@plexer - timezone is correct as far as i can tell (Europe/London) but also tried GMT to no avail

 

@ChrisH - LDAP is in reverse as it states (Pupils/Users/School)

Admin user is in the Users container

 

No joy

Posted
I will have a look when I get back to work but there was something that tripped me up last time I did a new install. I shall try to remember what it was when I get back.
Posted

Hmm cant find anything.

I have

DC IP address

Domain FQDN

Users

limitedusers (my top level OU for pupil/staff accounts) maybe it was a problem with a nested OU that I had?

 

administrator

 

Try pulling users from a top level OU if you ahvent already done. It doesnt help with sorting into groups but it maybe a start.

Posted

Still not getting anywhere with this. It only seems to be a problem with obtaining user lists from AD

 

U can get all the PC's on the LAN

 

I can open a shell can connect to AD using pam_auth

 

Have tried various different levels of my OU's (from the root - Moorside, to the lowest 'Year 07/Pupils/Users/Moorside'

 

I have the admin Container set as Users and the admin account inside it - though it's renamed from Administrator (could this be a problem?) the IP, FQDN, Username & Password are all correct..

 

Yet still get the "coud not connect to DC" error..

Posted
I cant remember if you still have to disable SMB signing to get it to work. Someone else will have top confirm that im not at work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...