Dos_Box Posted April 19, 2011 Posted April 19, 2011 What forum do people recommend for Joomla? I'm looking for something with quite good features but not too multimedia heavy. As long as I can upload a Google Map and the occasional piccy it will suit my needs. It's a fresh Joomla install so I can afford for things to go pear shaped Once it's up and running I'll let you know all about it, but I had a late night last night gettign hosting (went with GoDaddy in the end as you get a LOT for very little) and as it's early days I won't need vast database limits, although they do let you have 25x1GB MySQL DB's, 150GB drive space, and all for £4.89 per month, alright, it's shared but that's what you want when you are setting up a site.
frosty Posted April 19, 2011 Posted April 19, 2011 Did they stop development of Fireboard in 2008? Don't they now call it Kunena?
PeteW Posted April 19, 2011 Posted April 19, 2011 I use Kunena on my websites. They are very configurable and they have some good modules for adding extra stuff to the website. There support is awesome for a free component on Joomla so definitely well worth a look. If you are running 1.6, they have updated the component to run on this, though it doesn't show this yet in the Joomla extension listings. It is very configurable from the backend and supports most functions that you find in phpbb and other commercial forums. If you do play with it and have any issues, let me know.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now