SimpleSi Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 I just had this mad idea spring to mind. In Lancs land we have a Cisco 3750 thingy (I call it a router - no idea if it is really-its supplied and maintained by CLEO -) Ports 1-10 are for curric use Ports 11-13 are for admin network curric net wil be something like 10.9.4.0/24 admin will be 10.134.7/24 Now Port 24 is the I/O port connected to the CLEO SDSL to Ethernet box. What do you think the chances are of sticking a little 4-port switch in the path and connecting up a networked photocopier so that it can be printed to from both networks? Non-starter? Si
budgester Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 So what IP address would you give it ? If you give it one from the curric network then the admin network would need to know how to route to it.
SimpleSi Posted March 24, 2011 Author Posted March 24, 2011 (edited) So what IP address would you give it ? I don't know - but I think that all traffic (other than the local lan stuff) gets "routed" to my port 24. Did a tracert of 192.168.123.231 and it seems to route beyond me to to other 10.xxx.yyy.zzz devices before going into the request time out zone. So I was thinking that something like that address would do nicely - mm - lets see if I've a little AP lying around to try Si Edited March 24, 2011 by SimpleSi
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now