pooley Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 My mum mentioned she needed a website doing for her work. I found myself volunteering (almost without conscious thought) I am fairly clueless when it comes to web design, so I thought a simple Joomla/wordpress/google site would do the trick, but oh no she has specific ideas!! HOMEPAGE.docx Any idea's on a simple way of achieving this look (see doc attached) It's for a worthy cause, my mum runs a womens/family refuge for women and children at risk from abuse. See doc. Si
danbuntu Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 I'd move things around a bit to make your life easier and give it a slight more standard look. I'd move the link to the left or the top to make a menu bar - standard navigation. Put the logo in the header Then give your self a couple of blocks to display the other content - perhaps in a slider like the word press one that gets around. Put the address in the footer Yuo can then find a theme that fits the look as close as possible and go from there.
Jon_Torbitt Posted June 19, 2011 Posted June 19, 2011 You could do this by getting wordpress template from a decent reseller. If you don't know much about web design then (no offence) it will take a long time to get your head round the implications of building a website that will handle articles and sort-of dynamic page content. If you're still stuck let me know and could find some time to give you a hand once the summer holidays are here?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now