dgsmith Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 We've bought a HP CP2025n printer mainly because of the cashback available on it. Some suppliers have told me that in exceptional circumstances, HP have issues cheques to schools where a bank account isn't available or where supplying bank account details is very difficult. I have emailed HP promotions but their response was very generic about not issuing cheques etc but it came from an office in Germany so I don't fancy following that up by a phonecall. Have any schools here managed to get cheques issued from HP when buying cashback products? In this instance it's just 1 printer but we may be buying more within the next 4-5 weeks and don't fancy having to have a nightmare job to get the cashback!
Max_Power Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 In the past ive just filled in the online form with correct invoice refs and ive had the cheque within a few weeks. Paid in to school account, credited to school account, no problems. Believe last time i did one it was for laptops, so unless the process is different this time around??? Have done it for printers as well though.
dgsmith Posted March 22, 2011 Author Posted March 22, 2011 The form I am seeing requires bank account details to be inputted, in order for cash to be deposited. When you say in the past, was this a while ago (maybe before they tried to enforce bank transfer only)?
Max_Power Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 I have just looked on the HP site and it has changed since the last cash back off which was I think January. I didnt put any details in it they just sent a cheque addressed to the school. Sorry for misleading info
Max_Power Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 Just reading through terms and conditions and the promotion is done through the bracknell office, you could ring them see what they say. Bit closer than Germany. Bracknell - HP UK Registered Office Amen Corner Cain Road Bracknell Berkshire, RG12 1HN Registered Number: 690597 ENGLAND Phone 0870 013 0790 (International dial +44 207 9490300) Fax 01344 363344 1
pooley Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 I have done this recently, filled in the cashback request but not filled in bank details. Phoned them up and they said if you wait until after the 52 days or whatever it is you can then ask for a cheque to be sent! 1
srochford Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 Probably a daft question but why don't you want a bank transfer? Much less work - money just goes straight into the bank, no faffing around with having to pay in a cheque!
dgsmith Posted March 22, 2011 Author Posted March 22, 2011 Bursar not liking the idea of giving out bank details. I can't argue really - it's not my place to. Thanks Max_Power for the number and pooley for the info - I may just phone them anyway and ask if I can do it all over the phone!
sted Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 might it be easier to create a bank account just for this type of promotion so cashback goes in balance left at minimum no overdraft facility etc so nobody can take anything owt even with details as there is nowt there?
dgsmith Posted March 22, 2011 Author Posted March 22, 2011 It's not up to me to issue bank account details - I can't give them without permission! Well I phoned the number above (UK), got transferred to a department in Germany, they couldn't help and suggested I call the UK, which I had to begin with! GRR! What number did you call pooley?
pooley Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 It was a while back now mate, there was an email contact on the "signup" page, so I emailed them asking if they had received my cashback request etc, they replied and I used the contact off that if I remember right.
john Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 It seems to depend which firm is dealing with the cashbacks for them, they used to use a firm called Outbound I think and they were the cheque people but when I got a load of HP PCs with cashback the other holiday I had to do it via BACS and it was fine just made it a bit hard to balance in the books as money just appearing makes issues but we survived
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now