Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I had a fault which meant I couldn't debug/upload apps from the Eclipse IDE and decided that their was some corruption on my Desire as everything worked fine with my wife's stick Legend.

 

So i decided that since the Cyanogen mob had released CM7 RC2 (Gingerbread) I may as well upgrade to that at the same time.

 

The main upgrade went fine except that the backup prog I use won't restore any of my backups so I'm having to re-install everything manually - might get finished by 2am!

 

Why is it that backups (whether it be my non-vital data or diesel generators for nuclear power stations!) never work when you need them?

 

Si

PS - The original fault with Eclipse was still there but I've found that plugging the USB lead into a different port on my PC cured it :lol:

Edited by ZeroHour
Posted

I've given up on CM7 RC2 - its got a bit of a major bug in that large apps (such as Google Maps) cannot be simply installed and require large workarounds - not what I call an RC :(

 

Luckily, the nandroid restore worked flawlessy and I back to same state as yesterday with all my data/apps back again :)

 

Si

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...