somabc Posted December 16, 2010 Posted December 16, 2010 (edited) Better get a copy of all your bookmarks if you use the service. Following Layoffs, Yahoo Cuts Products: MyBlogLog, Delicious, Yahoo Buzz | Liz Gannes | NetworkEffect | AllThingsD You can export your bookmarks in HTML via https://secure.delicious.com/settings/bookmarks/export or in XML via curl https://{your username}:{your password}@api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all > bookmarks.xml Edited December 16, 2010 by somabc 2
FN-GM Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 I know a few people who will be disappointed by this.
sionide Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 plenty of other similar services out there though.. plenty more fish in the sea as it were...!
Arthur Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 Export from Del.icio.us » Import into Pinboard.
elsiegee40 Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 Oh *insert mild expletive * We use it a lot to provide links for the teachers Off to export them now. Can anyone recommend one of the alternatives?
Arthur Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 I signed up over a year ago with Pinboard so it only cost me $2 or so. It's still worth it at the current price IMO.
Hightower Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 To be honest, I couldn't even tell you what Delicious is or what it does.
somabc Posted December 17, 2010 Author Posted December 17, 2010 To be honest, I couldn't even tell you what Delicious is or what it does. It is one of the first and most popular social bookmarking sites. You can store bookmarks along with tags and access them from any PC / Device. For Alternatives try - Pinboard - antisocial bookmarking historious - "a great delicious alternative!" Smart Automatic Bookmarks - favbot Social Media Services Directory - Shareaholic 1
Hightower Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 It is one of the first and most popular social bookmarking sites. You can store bookmarks along with tags and access them from any PC / Device. For Alternatives try - Pinboard - antisocial bookmarking historious - "a great delicious alternative!" Smart Automatic Bookmarks - favbot Social Media Services Directory - Shareaholic I have a place where I keep my bookmarks though..... Google. They store every bookmark I've ever used or needed.
localzuk Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 For my own bookmarks, I have chrome set to synchronise itself - so I get the same ones on different devices, so long as they are running Chrome! Does me just fine.
sionide Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 T'is true. Mozilla's weave and Chrome's syncing extensions have been life savers and I think are definitely the way forward.. I had to start a-fresh though when I first actively started using those services. Never was very organised or structured with bookmarks in the past but am now..
Arthur Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 Mozilla's weave and Chrome's syncing extensions have been life savers and I think are definitely the way forward. I suppose which is best depends upon how many browsers you use. I regularly use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Safari across multiple PCs & VMs both at home and work so Mozilla's Weave and Chrome Sync just wouldn't be suitable. The advantage to the server-based bookmarking services that Somabc mentioned over everything else is that you can access your bookmarks through literally any browser and there isn't any syncing involved because everything is stored centrally.
elsiegee40 Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 As a school we use (used) Delicious to share URLs amongst staff... and parents. It's great because anyone can access them anywhere.
somabc Posted December 17, 2010 Author Posted December 17, 2010 They are useful in the way that Yahoo used to be, they have all been selected by a human being leading to high relevancy when you look through tags eg. Recent bookmarks Bookmarks on Delicious
contink Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 Oh flippin' eck... I like this blasted service... Have to find it ironic that this is unofficially official and they were just going to tell us later... Was that after it had shut down?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now