Vanit Posted December 16, 2010 Posted December 16, 2010 Hi All, I have a Ubuntu10.10 VM installed on ESXi 4.0 that monitors the UPS status.I have a script which is placed on sever.How do I go about getting this to run/call the script on the ESXi server when the UPS signals? In simple words, Can I call host script from guest and how? Many thanks,
LosOjos Posted December 16, 2010 Posted December 16, 2010 Do you have SSH setup? Should be able to write a script that will log in to the server via SSH and then run the script as you would from the server itself
Vanit Posted December 17, 2010 Author Posted December 17, 2010 yes, I have.I am able to do it using SSH. Now I want to do it from script placed on guest and when I will execute guest script, it will automatically call host script and perform the specific task.
LosOjos Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 Can you not just write a script that automatically runs it over SSH? i.e. it logs in, runs the script and logs back out again? That's the most autonomous way I can think of doing it...
budgester Posted December 17, 2010 Posted December 17, 2010 how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine? - Stack Overflow But you'll need to configure the ssh keys.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now