newcareer Posted November 29, 2010 Posted November 29, 2010 Hi All, Did anyone try to install Exam Quest or/and Exam Wizard on to a network. It works fine on a standalone installation, but the shortcut does not work on the network install. Thanks
chazzy2501 Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 urgh! I hate amature programs and rubbish installers. I'll have to write a startup script to install these:( I don't know how I'll target the PC in question...MSI's people!
Chris_Cook Posted September 29, 2011 Posted September 29, 2011 These ones aren't too bad. I usually do a silent local install using altiris. The exe file accepts the silent option (EA_MATH_12_SP.EXE /silent). You need to install it normally to start with so it can generate the license file. This gets written to the windows directory and needs to be copied to the windows folder on each client: C:\windows\exampro32.ini. If you use any other exam wizard or testbase titles, you can merge the different exampro32.ini files together. 1
JamesG Posted October 13, 2011 Posted October 13, 2011 (edited) Hi, We had the exact same issue as the OP You have to make sure your not installing it on the networked server directly, so dont remote onto the server it just install it from your current machine and browse to the location where you want to install it on the network. When we remoted onto the server we first we pointed the installation too.. "E:\Share\ Enquiry Faculty\Science\KS5\Chemistry\Examquest32\ExamQuest.exe" RA_CHEM However this was wrong as all the client machines shortcuts point too.... which is and is not the correct location so the shortcut wasnt really pointing to anything. "G:\Enquiry Faculty\Science\KS5\Chemistry\Examquest32\ExamQuest.exe" RA_CHEM So the shortcut was it was getting confused in the installation path. Just install it directly from your pc without going onto any servers and it will fix it. Edited October 13, 2011 by JamesG
Paid_Peanuts Posted October 13, 2011 Posted October 13, 2011 I use AppV for this and sequence the application in standalone mode. Then enable the software for the necessary AD groups.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now