garethEds Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 Morning All, A bit behind as usual but we've just upgraded our Office installation to Office 2007. It was deployed via GPO using a config.xml. Now when a user logs on the first thing that pops up is the Office configuration wizard. It runs through and finishes. Users can then use Office without any issues. It then asks for a name and initials. Does anyone know of a way to avoid this? We did try another installation method - via script. Thsi worked better but ever time a staff/pupil user opens Word they are given the 'Customer Experience' screen and are asked to put in their name and initials. Which ever way I try and install Office 2007 something goes wrong. We are on 2003 server and users have mandatory profiles. Any advice is welcome, Gareth
GREED Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 There is a registry entry that should be able to be modified for this, and run as part of a script. 1
ZeroHour Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 The customer experience can be turned off using the 2007 GP polices you can add I think. As for the repair, I take it they have not had their profiles reset since the migration? if so it should trigger once to migrate the old settings in their profile.
garethEds Posted November 10, 2010 Author Posted November 10, 2010 There is a registry entry that should be able to be modified for this, and run as part of a script. Gimme gimme gimme. Gareth
garethEds Posted November 10, 2010 Author Posted November 10, 2010 The customer experience can be turned off using the 2007 GP polices you can add I think. As for the repair, I take it they have not had their profiles reset since the migration? if so it should trigger once to migrate the old settings in their profile. Hi ZH, I've looked through the office.adm file and cannot find anything. I thought it was there too but maybe I am missing it. I shall look again. As for the profile - I have changed the mandatory profile on the server. What do you mean by having their profile reset? Many thanks Gareth
ZeroHour Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 grouHi ZH, I've looked through the office.adm file and cannot find anything. I thought it was there too but maybe I am missing it. I shall look again. As for the profile - I have changed the mandatory profile on the server. What do you mean by having their profile reset? Many thanks Gareth Its probably under office 2007 rather then a specific app under the misc section, I cant look it up as we are 2010 here and I dont have the adm files for 2007 any more. So you have *migrated* the mandatory profile once and then replaced the server mandatory profile? Profile reset is more for those with roaming profiles (like us)
garethEds Posted November 10, 2010 Author Posted November 10, 2010 Yes all done - I've found the customer opt-in setting and have changed our Office.adm to reflect this on a per user installation. Now for the user details section - any idea why they are not being taken in automatically? Gareth
GREED Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 I have not used the script in a while I'll try and dig it out for you.
garethEds Posted November 11, 2010 Author Posted November 11, 2010 I had an email yesterday saying there was a message in this thread from FN-GM. The message said: i had exactly the same thing last week. Run this code in a batch file and set it as a startup script. Code: --------- if exist "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\kphspatched" goto :eof ELSE reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1 md "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\kphspatched" Yet looking here, the message doesn't exist. Gareth
GREED Posted November 11, 2010 Posted November 11, 2010 Reading it, it looks to be a winner. Try on an expendable PC.
garethEds Posted November 11, 2010 Author Posted November 11, 2010 Nah - stick it on the network and see what happens - live dangerously :-) Thanks everyone Gareth
ZeroHour Posted November 11, 2010 Posted November 11, 2010 I had an email yesterday saying there was a message in this thread from FN-GM. The message said: Yet looking here, the message doesn't exist. Gareth FN-GM deleted that post, I guessing because he thought you had sorted it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now