CHR1S Posted October 20, 2010 Posted October 20, 2010 So, I added 800GB to a dynamic drive instead of 80GB , can I reallocate it as free space without screwing anything up? Thanks Chris
SYNACK Posted October 20, 2010 Posted October 20, 2010 Depends on the OS I think, Assuming Vista/2008 or above you can shrink it easily via diskpart or the GUI.
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2010 Author Posted October 21, 2010 yes,of course, you can reallocate it as free space without screwing anything up Cool, how?
Hightower Posted October 21, 2010 Posted October 21, 2010 I thought you can extend partitions using the Disk Management utility in 2003, but you couldn't shrink them again afterwards. For that you need some 3rd party partition software AFAIK 1
apoth0r Posted October 21, 2010 Posted October 21, 2010 Cool, how? Wouldnt wait on a reply, he was keen on spamming his partioning software across the forums, and now he has disappeared 1
CHR1S Posted October 21, 2010 Author Posted October 21, 2010 Thanks all, looks like im bringing the server down and gparting some time in the future
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now