Dos_Box Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 I noticed that it was no longer listed as being broadcast the other day whilst channel surfing and have found this on it's Wikipedia page: In March 2010, Ed Balls, then Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) axed the broadcast deals in place with Freeview, Freesat, Sky and Virgin Media in a bid to save the channel around £1m in carriage costs annually.[1] It closed on Freeview first on 21 July and Freesat, Sky and Virgin followed on 31 August 2010.[2] Online availability was unaffected by the change. Teachers TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The online content and site is still available though, but without the TV channel I wonder how much life is left in it?
Hightower Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 I noticed that it was no longer listed as being broadcast the other day whilst channel surfing and have found this on it's Wikipedia page: Teachers TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The online content and site is still available though, but without the TV channel I wonder how much life is left in it? So it went off of freeview back in July, and it's now the middle of September and this is the first I have heard of it. The question that needs to be asked Mr Box is "how much life was in it to start with?"
john Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 Must admit I never used it on the TV as it was broadcast at like 3am or something stupid so I only ever used it online so I think it will probably continue on for a good chunk
GrumbleDook Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 There had been a lot of feedback about how more useful the website was compared to the TV Channel ... and we have already seen how much people use iPlayer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now