witch Posted September 15, 2010 Author Posted September 15, 2010 ....and the thread is derailed. Thanks Lucky I have got the answer I needed No drivers missiing or flagged
SYNACK Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 What did it turn out to be in the end, it sounded like it was to do with the powersave truning off hardware to save power and causing the hardware disconnect sound etc but with something going wrong with the powersave settings making it switch on and off again in quick succession.
witch Posted September 15, 2010 Author Posted September 15, 2010 Not the powersave as I had disabled that, and then you would get the reconnect sound too, wouldnt you, which you don't? I *think* it is a usb port with a loose wire or whatever. Seems to me it is a hardware issue anyway as there is no notifications or anything anywhere which I would have thought you would if it was software. John Graham (bless) is sending me another T60 and I am going to swap out the hard drive. If it is a loose wire in the ports, then that'll fix it. I'll let you know!
mattx Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 I *think* it is a usb port with a loose wire or whatever. My rubber mallet would have fixed that.
SYNACK Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 My rubber mallet would have fixed that. There is always the last test on the list.... the bounce test, second story window, concrete pavement etc. If it bounces then it was broken, if it doesn't bounce it is broken now and you have a definitave answer. I am very tempted to add it to then end of a procedure document somewhere.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now