kaphc Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 So I knew that Spiceworks was going to ask for an update in August but didn't have time to get it done before the summer holidays. Am now back and thought I would do it, but am having problems. I launch the application, it shuts down and reloads, then it hangs on a screen saying that the new version is being downloaded and may take up to 10 minutes. I've given it half an hour just to be sure but it still hangs on that screen and shows no progress on the download bar. Just wondering if anyone has got the update to run OK and if so how long it took. Am running it on Windows Server 2003 SP2. Thanks
Edu-IT Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 Download it from their website and run the installer again? It should carry out an upgrade. It's probably failing to contact download source. 1
sparkeh Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 Yeah I have had the updater hang a couple of times in the past. A reinstall with the new version sorts it out though. And of course you always take backup before an upgrade in-case anything goes wrong, right? 1
kaphc Posted September 9, 2010 Author Posted September 9, 2010 Thanks. will check out their website for the install files. Sparkeh, oh yes I always backup before upgrades (and online no one can see my fingers crossed behind my back can they??!) Seriously, good point, have taken it on board.
Spiceworks Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 (edited) kaphc: Thanks for noting this. When you reinstall, let me know if you have any issues and I'll connect you with Spiceworks Support. Also, if you want to test out new Spiceworks features like the free TFTP server or active directory management (aka "People View"), you can check out the Spiceworks 5.0 Beta. -Jason S., Spiceworks Edited September 15, 2010 by Spiceworks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now