JamesMason Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 Can anyone tell me how much take home pay you get from £16.5k once the bandits have removed taxes? Thanks.
techtopia Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 Can anyone tell me how much take home pay you get from £16.5k once the bandits have removed taxes? Thanks. About £1000 - £1100 I would imagine, as a guesstimate.
JamesMason Posted August 25, 2010 Author Posted August 25, 2010 Yeh I'd worked it out to about that, I was just hoping to come across someone that earned almost exactly that Thanks.
jcollings Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 The Salary Calculator - Take-Home tax calculator £1,109.05 according to the above site. £1,134.33 from April 11 2
Hightower Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 Of course, you may have Unison payments and LGPS payments too if you subscribe to those.
Ex-MGSTech Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 I believe the general rule is about 25% to include Tax & National Insurance (Excluding pension)
featured_spectre Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 29% is taken off for tax and NI, and then any other deductions on top for pension (usually 5-6%) and payments to union etc.
Jiser Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 You have to earn 20 k to have even a nominal lifestyle. Your gonna never earn ok money as an I.T. Tech only a network manager. The tax calculator is great though I use it all the time.
maniac Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 You have to earn 20 k to have even a nominal lifestyle. Your gonna never earn ok money as an I.T. Tech only a network manager. The tax calculator is great though I use it all the time. Not true, my tech is paid almost that - although that's mainly because I pushed management for a decent wage for him.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now