elsiegee40 Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 Why do people post on facebook,etc "I'm off to the South of France for 3 weeks - only 10 days to go!" ? It's lovely to tell people about what you are doing, but when I can see complete strangers' holiday plans (usually via posts they've made on the walls of my friends)... it does make me wonder if those whose trade is less honest are starting to use this as an easy target shopping list. [/rant over]
witch Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 Yes, I agree - I believe my own little darlings have done the same
Hightower Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 Yes, I agree - I believe my own little darlings have done the same They burgle peoples houses when they go on holiday?! Shocking!
elsiegee40 Posted July 15, 2010 Author Posted July 15, 2010 I've had major word with mine over this. They have both, somewhat reluctantly, agreed not to do it when we are going away. I still think, they're putting it down to Mum being over-cautious rather than doing it because it makes sense not to advertise that the house will be empty between these dates.
TechMonkey Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 I do that, but then sit in my darkened house with a baseball bat........ 2
p858snake Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 Depends, if they do it via status updates and have their security setup properly (eg: only friends can view updates, not allowing your updates to appear in other peoples feeds if they [the friends] comment on them.
elsiegee40 Posted July 15, 2010 Author Posted July 15, 2010 If you put on your own wall and the security is set for only your friends, that's fine. It's when people post their holidays on someone else's wall it goes public. I'm seeing details of complete strangers plans because they are friends of my friends and have posted on the mutual friend's wall... as a result I can see it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now