mgarland Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 I am making a little tool to make telephone support easier at the school. I am looking to put a little button in that does the wireless connection repair wizard. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have had a good google and I have not found anything useful yet. Thanks in advance. Oh I am using Visual Studio 2008 Express
LosOjos Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 Couldn't you call the command line: ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew achieves the same thing, doesn't it?
mgarland Posted June 28, 2010 Author Posted June 28, 2010 No I want something that disables the wireless card then enables it. I already have all the ipconfig commands to tag onto the end of it.
LosOjos Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 Have you tried DevCon? It's a command line device manager, you should be able to just put it in the folder with your exe and call it from your code The DevCon command-line utility functions as an alternative to Device Manager
mgarland Posted June 28, 2010 Author Posted June 28, 2010 I have just had a look at the devcon thing and that seems really good. It will need to work on any wireless card in any machine... Do you happen to know how I can achieve that? Thanks
LosOjos Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 You're going to struggle to achieve that without manually setting up parameters on each machine, but the follwing will restart all network devices on the local machine: devcon restart =Net *
mgarland Posted June 28, 2010 Author Posted June 28, 2010 That works just great Thank you for your help. My little utility is going into BETA
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now