Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Censornet and URLBlacklist.com Blocklist


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

Just finished a new Censornet install moving over from vanilla Dansguardian/Squid and was wondering if anyone has ever managed to do a quick hack to import the single allowed download from URLBlacklist into their Censornet install to give a good base of blocked URLs/domains? We don't need regular updates, I'd just like to be sure that my basic filter set is sound...

 

Alternatively, if anyone's rolled their own basic phraselist/domains and would care to share the CSV, would be a nice Xmas pressie :)

 

Cheers,

 

Ben

Posted
Thanks... I had already looked at a copy of the blocklist and a copy of the CSV which Censornet can generate as exported - I was more looking for Censornet specific info; parsing the blocklist isn't a problem but I wondered anyone had managed to do anything with psql scripting rather than trying to import a massive CSV dump into it - from what I can pick up from the Google cached version of the Censornet forums this has been known to cause problems?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...