Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone converted the .3gp files produced by the camcorder app into avi xvid (or flv) file formats.

 

Any Video Convertor is dropping the sound (and also rasing the frame rate to 60fps!)

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted
Anyone converted the .3gp files produced by the camcorder app into avi xvid (or flv) file formats.

 

Any Video Convertor is dropping the sound (and also rasing the frame rate to 60fps!)

 

regards

 

Simon

 

Video / Audio identification utility ( dodgy name I know ) but its called gspot

 

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

 

Establish what codec the 3gp video file uses for audio / video

 

With regards to converting I would try handbrake

 

HandBrake

 

that or super ??

 

If you can establish what video / audio you may be able to change the file format from 3gp to say mp4 or mp4v or something else ?

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I was looking for a bit of spoon feeding from someone's who's gone through all that :)

 

The Nexus mob have had the equivalent hardware since Xmas so I was hoping one of them would post the answer :)

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted

Well I bit the bullet and downloaded "Super" ( :yuk:) to my home machine and it did the job of converting it.

 

It looks like ithe video is variable frame rate and the sound is recorded with something using 3bits/hour at 1000hz bandwidth so I wouldn't use it to shoot your next music video promo but its alright for sticking on the web!

 

regards

 

Simon

PS DO NOT DOWNLOAD SUPER unless you have to - it makes a die hard Win3.11 man like me cringe with its GUI !!!!! :)

 

Gawd only knows what its doing to my registry/FOURCC settings! :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...