SimpleSi Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 My Desire is showing battery still at 92% at 3pm By now, I'm usually giving it the same TLC Button does to his tyres on lap67 Did the world famous (but previously mythical IME) battery conditioning kick in last night???? Simon
LosOjos Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 My Desire is showing battery still at 92% at 3pm By now, I'm usually giving it the same TLC Button does to his tyres on lap67 Did the world famous (but previously mythical IME) battery conditioning kick in last night???? Simon Daft as it sounds, possibly. I noticed a vast improvement in my battery after about a week, although I suspect that's partly because I played with it constantly for the first few days...
SimpleSi Posted June 16, 2010 Author Posted June 16, 2010 Still at 75% at 23:00 and I've been at a BBQ and showing off Google Sky Maps! (So its not the battery indicator level thats wrong - its actually lasted all day and all evening in the hands of a geek who spends all his travelling time testing his GPS speed sign alert app!) very regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 Well - couldn't put in on charge last night and at 9am its still showing 79%.! This is very very spooky - prior to yesterday it used to normally be down to the red bars by 5pm. Simon
LosOjos Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 Well - couldn't put in on charge last night and at 9am its still showing 79%.! This is very very spooky - prior to yesterday it used to normally be down to the red bars by 5pm. Simon I'd be tempted to remove and re-add your battery widget, still having battery after 24 hours while using GPS and data intensive apps like Sky Maps seems a bit unbelievable...
SimpleSi Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 (edited) still having battery after 24 hours while using GPS and data intensive apps like Sky Maps Tell me about it! The thing is - its not just the battery widget is it - cause the the phones still working! Edited June 17, 2010 by SimpleSi
pwds Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 Firmware update? Incidentally, I'm trying to persuade myself I don't want one and failing. How wrong am I?
jsnetman Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 If it's windows 7 try running powercfg -energy in a cmd window it should interrogate the battery and give you all the information. Ah sorry desire is a phone.
powdarrmonkey Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 If it's windows 7 try running powercfg -energy in a cmd window it should interrogate the battery and give you all the information. Ah sorry desire is a phone. How many Desires do you know that run Windows 7? HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Overview
jsnetman Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 I initially thought it was a laptop, forgot the desire was a phone. Apologies.
LosOjos Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 Firmware update? Incidentally, I'm trying to persuade myself I don't want one and failing. How wrong am I? I've been pretty impressed with it, the only let down is the battery life, although this does improve after the first week or so, and you soon learn how to get the most out of it (such as turning off data connections when you don't need them). Thing is, unless you have to have a new phone right now, I'd wait a couple of months for 2.2 based phones to come out, I heard somewhere on this forum Dell have one on the way with a 2ghz processor!
webman Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 I recently discovered that disabling my Twitter app from syncing will allow the battery to last longer than 14 hours. I can now make it from morning 'til bedtime without seeing the battery dip into the orange (Nexus One)
SimpleSi Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 I heard somewhere on this forum Dell have one on the way with a 2ghz processor! Thats not going to win first prize for battery life
SimpleSi Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 (such as turning off data connections when you don't need them). The thing is - I'm not doing this - AFAIK I'm doing the same as before I switch Bluetooth on/off when using the car( but only faff with that because my bluetooth in the car is on all the time and my phone still picks it up in the house !) and I'm plugging it in the car charger when driving to my schools (which I've been doing since day 1) I did try and download something called juice defender a few days ago but the download seemed to fail and it doesn't show up in programs so I've assumed it didn;t install itself unless its some sort of magic app that works invisbly Smon
SimpleSi Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 At 6pm on day 2 - I've finally plugged it back into a computer to charge (it had 22% left!) I really really hope it lasts just as long tomorrow as I'll need the Vuvuzela app tomorrow night! Simon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now