Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

How have people delegated control for password resets under Windows 7? Previously I just installed Adminpak.msi via GPO and used a custom MMC after delegating the control in AD.

 

The problem I have under 7 is that the RSAT is installed via a MSP and then you have to enable the relevant tools and then you need the MMC. How am I going to easily deploy this?

 

Am I going about this all wrong?

Posted (edited)

Hi

 

I am using a batch script to install the required AD tools on staff computers. You need to download the x86fre_GRMRSAT_MSU.msu from Microsoft and place it in a location the computers have read access to. Then run the following commands once on each computer you want to install ADUaC on. My batch script look like this.

 

Script Start - InstallADUaC.bat

 

c:\Windows\System32\wusa.exe "\\...path to msu.....\x86fre_GRMRSAT_MSU.msu" /quiet /norestart

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteServerAdministrationTools

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD-DS

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Roles-AD-DS-SnapIns

 

Script End

 

I use a Specops Deploy to deploy applications. I use this to target what computers run the batch file and to make sure it only runs once. If you application deployment system does not support deploying/running batch file you could use a start-up script. You would just need to add some logic to make sure it only runs once.

 

If you want more information about Specops Deploy I have talked about it in this post.

 

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/o-s-deployment/53494-suggestions-new-deployment-software.html

 

Thanks

Edd

Edited by teckedd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...