speckytecky Posted May 26, 2010 Posted May 26, 2010 Recently two AlphaSmart computers appeared in our IT Suite (BIG clearout underway here and it seems that anything remotely IT - Epson Printer bags etc is dumped in the suite). It looks like the AlphaSmarts originated from Sheldon School in Chippenham. Any suggestions as to what to do with them?
laserblazer Posted May 26, 2010 Posted May 26, 2010 Do you know why you can't get french fries in Wiltshire? They've no Devizes for Chippenham I'll get my coat
Pyroman Posted May 26, 2010 Posted May 26, 2010 keep em, good for exams when the pupil needs a word processor and no other gimmicks, otherwise talk to your SEN dept. see if they could use them. 1
MicrodigitUK Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 That’s very interesting. How exactly did they get over to your place? Admittedly I haven’t worked at Sheldon for a month but last time I checked SEN where still using the AlphaSmart’s. Might want to mention it in a PM to "DaveM" the network manager. But IT never really had much to do with them apart from ordering replacement batteries all looked after by SEN.
speckytecky Posted June 7, 2010 Author Posted June 7, 2010 Looks like they came her donkeys years ago via the ICT Centre? You are welcome to have them back if you want them. That’s very interesting. How exactly did they get over to your place? Admittedly I haven’t worked at Sheldon for a month but last time I checked SEN where still using the AlphaSmart’s. Might want to mention it in a PM to "DaveM" the network manager. But IT never really had much to do with them apart from ordering replacement batteries all looked after by SEN.
MicrodigitUK Posted June 8, 2010 Posted June 8, 2010 It didn't bother me. I'm working over the other side of Chippenham now at another school. Just intresting to see how these things wallk around. I found a hole punch the other day with the name of a school in Trowbridge on it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now