drjturner Posted November 28, 2006 Posted November 28, 2006 Hi We are being asked more and more about these solutions, has anyone successfully had this working on our or anyone elses make of board? I can imagine that the local usb/serial port could be mapped to the session but I'm not sure how this would effect speed of use as the pen co-ordinates will be going back and forth over the network. Is this this were schools are heading for or are pc's/mac still favourate. I see from the new bett products that the Jack PC will probably get people thinking.
CyberNerd Posted November 28, 2006 Posted November 28, 2006 I'd love to do this, but am still awaiting the elusive Linux driver from promethean. Ues its possible to map serial/usb. Yes activestudio works, albeit sluggishly on Terminal Servers.
drjturner Posted November 28, 2006 Author Posted November 28, 2006 Cybernerd Elusive driver in progress, we have one that can move the mouse over the screen but do not have any software to go with it, I have been told it will work on anything on kernel 2.6 and above. When we have a way of installing it I will definately consider you for beta testing.
CyberNerd Posted November 28, 2006 Posted November 28, 2006 thats great. everything seemed to go quiet so I assumed the worst.
Ric_ Posted November 28, 2006 Posted November 28, 2006 I use Windows XP based clients to connect te whiteboard to as there is a USB driver for these. Firing up a Citrix session then gives the user desktop and the rest works as normal. I currently use desktops but could use XPe based devices if I wanted a true thin client terminal. Ideally, a Linux driver would allow me to use the Linux-based HP terminals which are far cheaper and IMHO easier to manage. BTW - I use GTCO Calcomp SchoolBoards and CleverTouch boards. I also use GTCO Calcomp SchoolPads.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now