_Bat_ Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 Okay, so what is the weirdest error message you have ever seen a computer throw up with a legit off the shelf program? As of today, mine is: "You EEeediot!! Theese ees NOT Cheecago!!" Which according to their support website translates into "I don't like being installed on windows xp, as I was designed for windows 98". Yes... I think this one beats anything that M$ can throw as us. At least M$ haven't got around to calling their users idiots yet, haha.
Geoff Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 lp on fire The Linux lp# driver says this when your printer signals an error, but doesn't signal which error. Usually this means the printer is offline. (This message was copied from much earlier line printer daemons from Unixes of old.) Your Password Must Be at Least 18770 Characters and Cannot Repeat Any of Your Previous 30689 Passwords See MS KB article 276304.
webman Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 At least M$ haven't got around to calling their users idiots yet, haha. Well, not in so many words, but they do suggest it. Just look at the XP interface! I can't think of any off the top of my head that I've encountered, but take a look at all of the Popup Potpourri posts on thedailywtf.com
_Bat_ Posted November 24, 2006 Author Posted November 24, 2006 I can't think of any off the top of my head that I've encountered, but take a look at all of the Popup Potpourri posts on thedailywtf.com Lol!! Thanks for that... some of those are hilarious.
meastaugh1 Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 I liked the humble old SIMS errors, "Something's gone wrong, it's not you but probably our programmers" etc.
plexer Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 Well I did get asked today if I could unfreeze a screen using a magic key combination. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now