ChrisH Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 I need a batch convertor for bitmap to jpeg. I want to shrink down all the crappy paint files that are littering my user areas. something cmd line is probably best and I expect to have to do a script wrapper for it but if not even better! I do want it to be pointed at a directory and convert every image in every subfolder underneath. Any ideas? Windows preferably but can probably knock up a perl script in linux if I have to. Ps if anyone knows a reg hack to get paint to default to jpeg and not bmp I would be grateful. PPS we have Fireworks and Paint.net on the network as well but they dont get used by everyone before anyone starts about the crappiness of MSPaint. PPPS no I dont like the GIMP. Cheers Chris
CyberNerd Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php
acb_ Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 Xnview. All kinds of conversion, resizing, all sorts. Comes with command line version, very handy for scripting
ChrisH Posted November 13, 2006 Author Posted November 13, 2006 Infanview is a good gui but imagemagick seems to fit the bill for scripting. @acb_ couldnt look at yours as it was filtered by the LEA under personal pages . Thanks all.
acb_ Posted November 13, 2006 Posted November 13, 2006 @acb_ couldnt look at yours as it was filtered by the LEA under personal pages Front page is here but it won't tell you much...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now