Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know if virtualbox have created a simple way to expand the size of a hard drive yet, and if so, how would I go about doing it in the cli..

 

The search function at the virtualbox.org forums is not working just now, and google pulls up threads from 2007 where they say they want to implement an easy way but Im not sure if they have yet?

 

cheers

Posted

No, I was wanting to know if there was the functionality built into Virtualbox itself in the new version, so I didnt have to use all those workarounds.

 

Thanks though

Posted

Umm, booting from gparted would be the standard way to add more space to a boot drive. regardless of what virtualising software you're using, certainly for me. and also with physical HDD's and partitions I've used it to expand a c:\ drive before.

 

I think its more of a guest OS issue than a VirtualBox one. Cause it only presents the hard disk

 

I wouldn't call it a workaround as such

Posted

IN HyperV I can just shut down the machine, change the hard disk size from the HyperV settings, and restart. I was hoping Virtualbox might have caught up.

 

Anyway, I got round the problem by just creating a new HDD and attaching it and shifting some stuff over there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...