jamesb Posted March 11, 2010 Posted March 11, 2010 There've been quite a few threads recently buried because of general chitchat, and equally some irritation being voiced. Since most people use the New Posts feature rather than going to the particular forum I wondered if it'd be possible to set up a filter system. If the details of a person's custom filter could be stored with their login it might avoid a lot of the anger, since people could only display new posts from the technical forums, or even just the technical forums they are interested in/willing to contribute to. Just a thought.
localzuk Posted March 11, 2010 Posted March 11, 2010 The difficulty I see with this is, the General Chat forum gets used for technical topics that don't fit elsewhere. Ideally, in order to do this sort of thing, there would need to be an 'anything else technical' forum so as to split the general stuff out.
Jon Posted March 11, 2010 Posted March 11, 2010 Since most people use the New Posts feature rather than going to the particular forum I wondered if it'd be possible to set up a filter system. How do you know this?
jamesb Posted March 11, 2010 Author Posted March 11, 2010 How do you know this? Inferred from user comments. I should probably have said 'many' rather than 'most'. Certainly those who get irritated with the general chat topics do seem to use New Posts. Those who don't use it, I'm guessing, don't get annoyed with it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now