djchandler Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 I’m the network and sys admin for a small to mid-size school district in California. We have outgrown our DLT tape backup solution and I’m unhappy with the performance of Backup Exec. We are in the process of expanding our storage and our Windows & Netware server environment. I really don’t want to have to use a tape library solution to meet my requirements of having automated, complete file backups and system wide data protection. I need a very cost effective solution to our extremely tight budget. Does anyone have some good recommendations for me? Thanks
Ambient Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 SonicWall CDP Live Backup NAS System We use it here with 700 users, works great.
khugg Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 (edited) We recently purchased a Unitrends backup solution and have been extremely happy with it. We can do daily backup and archive jobs on autopilot. Status reports are emailed so I always know the status of the backup process. File level res-toration is a breeze when needed. The DPU-3000 along with the Recovery-Archive really make this a no brainer when it comes to functionality. Just Google Unitrends. Edited March 10, 2010 by khugg
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now