Zenden Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 Evening All I have just signed our school up for the Microsoft Schools Agreement (Going Win 7 for IT Suites and Staff Laptops) and am wondering whether I am entitled to the x64 Versions of Windows as well as the x86 as part of my Agreement? This is going to be my first experience of being directly responsible for our licensing so I don't have a huge amount of experience with the VLSC etc but I would guess that I just login, download the install media and retrieve a license key like normal? is that right or is my inner noob clearly on display? cheers in advance 1
powdarrmonkey Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 You are correct, and yes both architectures are valid 2
Ric_ Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 Your Schools Agreement also means you have Software Assurance which means you get Windows 7 Enterprise - the version with all the decent features like Bitlocker and Bitlocker2Go as well as Direct Access and volume activation. 2
Zenden Posted March 3, 2010 Author Posted March 3, 2010 Thanks guys, I have just been reading about the Win 7 Enterprise Edition. Can someone shed some light on the diference between a MAK Key and the VLK used by Enterprise? if it is any easier than the pain that is KMS then I am already sold! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now