Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was sure they was 1 final allocation of e-Learning Credits next year 2007-08, but the School Manager today tells me they isn't. Can anybody please confirm what the state of play is.

 

I seem to vaguely remember £1,000 per school + £3.20ish per pupil but I could be wrong.

 

Thanks

 

Andrew

Posted

as of here http://www.dfes.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN.cgi?pn_id=2005_0132

 

Beyond 2007-08 software providers will be required to serve the needs of increasingly well informed and demanding school customers who expect high standards of their software providers. If suppliers offer products and services to schools that enrich learning, schools will continue to invest. This will bring the DfES closer to realising its Curriculum Online aspiration of the public and private sectors working in harmony to support the needs of all learners – at school, at home and in the workplace.

 

 

ICT funding info is here http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/wholeschool/ictis/funding/

 

so in nutshell no this is last year...

 

Russ

Posted

@russdev

I can't see anything that says no money next year but then again I can't see anything that says yes either :confused:

 

Are you saying no based on the same premise or can you see something that actually says no?

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted

Funding is only ever really there if it is published to say it is there. If they don't say it is there then there is no money.

 

They leave it rather ambiguous so that if they have a change of haert they can make it a news item at a later date (me? cynical? really?)

 

I would wait until February until finding out if the money is ever going to be available.

Posted

I have just found this info from a powerpoint presentation put together by RM eariler this year regarding schools finances. I guess they must of withdrawn the funds after this statement.

 

Grant 122

eLearning credits

 

Grant 122 replaces Grant 31c which was worth £100m in 2006/ 07. It  is worth £75m in 2006/07 and reduces to £50m in 2007/08. It is ring-fenced for spending on approved digital learning resources.

 

Funding is guaranteed. All maintained schools receive £1000 per year plus an amount per pupil:- £9.73 in 2005/ 06, £6.58 in 2006/ 07 and an estimated £3.43 in 2007/ 08

 

Primary School (250 pupils) Secondary School (1,000 pupils)

 

2005/06 £3,430 £10,730

 

2006/07 £2,580 £8,050

 

2007/08 (est) £1,720 £5,370

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...