Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi we have a Mercury Laser cutter which i am trying to get to grips with i have a endless collection of key fobs now :)

 

I was wondering if anyone has any templates\resources you could share with us.

 

Anything on safety/usage for staff and pupils as our D&T department are scared to use it so its left down to the IT guys to teach them how to use it.

 

we are using corel draw 11 and x4 to design our projects so if you have any templates that you would be willing to share

or any web sites that have resources available.

 

Any help would be great.

 

Thanks

Posted

We have a laser cutter of some description in our Technology Department.

 

We are also using CorelDraw [what a nightmare to setup on the network!]

 

I will try to find out what resources we have tomorrow [not my department and I may have to ask for a favour or two...]

 

I will try to remember to get back to you tomorrow and let you know what I have found.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
I have searched the network and have not found anything akin to a template. I will ask the staff who run the cutter what they use for templates. Get back to you soon.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I heard rumours that the one [laser cutter] at the school I attended could take imports directly from Auto-cad or Inventor but I'm not that type of person so I never did ITD/Manual Arts thus I can't be certain if its true.
Posted
I heard rumours that the one [laser cutter] at the school I attended could take imports directly from Auto-cad or Inventor but I'm not that type of person so I never did ITD/Manual Arts thus I can't be certain if its true.

 

if any D&T departments would like to donate any guides or turorials or even templates that they use in lessons that would be fantastic.

 

 

we are starting from scratch here 22 grands worth of equipment just sat in a corner of a room is not good.

 

 

thanks to all who have replied to my scrounging post.

Posted
Hi we have a Mercury Laser cutter which i am trying to get to grips with i have a endless collection of key fobs now :)

I think that is all schools make with them, I was shown how it worked and got a key fob for my Car Key which is great :)

 

We have just taken delivery of one before half term so be interested to see what goodies turn up here, we just use 2D Design for it so I'm told.

 

I like the key fobs though means I can stop loosing the silly bits of paper out of mine in the key safe and make some in perspex instead :)

Posted
Still waiting on our guy to get back to me. I will chase him up again.

 

I know what it is like

 

if they wanted something from you it would be different

 

 

Thanks

Posted

@round2it:

 

I have now sent an E-Mail with some of the templates attached [i received them in an E-Mail a few minutes ago]

 

HTH.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...