cookie_monster Posted February 23, 2010 Posted February 23, 2010 (edited) I'm trying to more evenly balance load accross our citrix farm, we have 5 boxes 2 are physical with a quad core processor, 3 are VM's on a dual quad core box with 2 vCPU's each. The two physical units can handle more load than the VM's so i'd like them to handle more sessions. I had a read about the 'Advanced' load evaluator and saw that the 90% CPU metric can be a bit high so I created a custom load balancer which is a copy of the citrix 'Advanced' load balancer but with the CPU metric set to 70%. Next lesson I get a call saying that everything is running very slow, when I take a look it seems that the lowest spec servers are handling most sessions . Am I missing a key part of the process here? Thanks. EDIT On further inspection it seems that the first two most powerful boxes 1 & 2 take a most sessions (as planned) then 3 & 4 take a smaller amount but then 5 which is the same spec as 3 and 4 ends up with loads. Edited February 24, 2010 by cookie_monster
Ric_ Posted February 24, 2010 Posted February 24, 2010 Have you definitely assigned the load evaluators to all the servers? In Delivery Services Console, right-click your application, click all tasks and select load manage application to double check. Also check on the servers themselves by right-clicking the server names and selecting assign load evaluator (I think that this is bypassed if you publish as an application though).
cookie_monster Posted February 24, 2010 Author Posted February 24, 2010 Currently we're only publishing server desktops i've not got any load balancing assigned to them it's set on the servers. If I look in the PS console under the 'Usage reports' tab it shows as applied to all servers. Should I load manage the applications as well? I'm getting odd results what ever I try I think this could be allot of trial and error.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now