nadeem Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 I'm looking for recommendations for an electrmic attendance monitoring system, as I am reevaluationg the one we currently use. I would be grateful for fedback from anythat have actually been used by anyone. requirements: must work with either mifare cards (or if really necesary dallas-ibuttons/keyfobs) must be able to get a report on an individual as well as a class must be simple to use! bonus requirements web based reports (for teachers to view) integration into moodle and/or Tribal products I'll any others that I think of later. (this maybe in the wrong forum but nothing else looked obvious)
powdarrmonkey Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 hmm, somebody round here is the fastest moderator in the west...
nadeem Posted February 17, 2010 Author Posted February 17, 2010 hmm, somebody round here is the fastest moderator in the west... and the system advertised wasn't what I wanted anyway!
powdarrmonkey Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 and the system advertised wasn't what I wanted anyway! A win for everyone
Dos_Box Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 I think Ric uses something like this. *shouts* RIC!!
vikpaw Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 hmm, somebody round here is the fastest moderator in the west... Si, señor. Yo soy! Or the Middle East Aye (wa!). and the system advertised wasn't what I wanted anyway! I take it you mean automated, not teachers recording via electronic means. I believe Ric uses a dutch company called NEDAP, they had a very nice young lady working for them, but i think she left. Actually, maybe Ric doesn't use them anymore.. . This is the right forum. i'm interested actually, would be nice to get people tagged. What system do you use now? Don't tell me it's the one that tried to ..?
Ric_ Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 The system I use is indeed from Nedap... it's called PreAbXS (or Gronos). You can use Mifare or UniXS cards and you put a little box on the wall in each room. Kids come in swiping their cards as they go and then the teacher swipes their card. A number comes up, teacher checks that the number is correct and sends the data. Simples! The system comes with reports for data analysis by student or class and you have full access to the database for creating your own reports. Reports designed in Crystal Reports work straight from the Gronos software too. There's MIS integration (we use SIMS) so you can also use that for your reports if you prefer. The card-based system can also be used with other things from catering to access control to locker management. I really like it. I'm not at work at the moment so I don't have my account manager's details but you can find them on the wb at Nedap Education | Smart Information Management
glennda Posted February 17, 2010 Posted February 17, 2010 i think cunninghams do a system like this, it might be a partner of there's, but it does it via fingerprints you might find that it does what you need. i will find out the exact company name and post it soon. Toby
nadeem Posted February 17, 2010 Author Posted February 17, 2010 thanks but we're definitely not going to use fingerprints, we have mifare cards already
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now