learning_curve Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 I've bought several second hand Axel M75C terminals. They are excellent units, like the M70w but in a metal casing with more ports and extra features. However, I cannot access two of the units. They both try to connect to a server at 192.100.101.1:23. doesn't get me to the interactive set-up and they don't appear in AxRM. Can I rescue these units?
FN-GM Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 Someone from Axel is on this forum so i am sure they will point you in the right direction. Also maybe this post should be moved to this area? - Thin Client and Virtual Machines
EduTech Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 Just so you know i know that you can do this, but the key sequence has gone out my mind.. contact axel on the forums as FN said he will be able to tell you the key sequence you need matey.
Axel Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 I suspect these units have been set up for As400 connection, ie with an as400 keyboard (as400 kb don't have an escape key so have a different sequence to enter setup) On the asumption you don't have an As400 keyboard handy there are two solutions. 1) download our free remote management AxrM s/w from http://www.axel.com and remote connect the device from your PC and set kb to PS/2 or set to factory defaults 2) Press a special key sequence which will toggle the keyboard to the other type, which is: cont alt shift k For those that are interested, the M75 and the newer, faster M85 are semi ruggedised, in metal case, have parallel/serial/USB/PS2 ports and internal PSU. They are covered by a 5 year warranty and tend to be used in manufacturing, warehouses, retail etc applications. They also have a wifi option... You can download the latest f/w from our website and install (takes about 30 seconds) and these devices will be as good as new and should give you years of pleasure ! 3
apaton Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 For those that are interested, the M75 and the newer, faster M85 are semi ruggedised, in metal case, have parallel/serial/USB/PS2 ports and internal PSU. They are covered by a 5 year warranty and tend to be used in manufacturing, warehouses, retail etc applications. They also have a wifi option... Nice plug and why not, you are the forum sponsor.
powdarrmonkey Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Nice plug and why not, you are the forum sponsor. I don't get it
EduTech Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 I don't get it Because Axel made a comment about the new kit and it's features which he his quite within his rights to do being a sponsor.. Dont worry mate... Pointless Post IMHO
apaton Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 You got the wrong end of stick, I was supporting Axel with a little sarcasm. Sorry it was wasted.
EduTech Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 Yeh, that was kinda my point. Ah i see busy day not with it lol You got the wrong end of stick, I was supporting Axel with a little sarcasm. Sorry it was wasted. Just the way i read it, and i am guessing other people... appoligies 1
powdarrmonkey Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 You got the wrong end of stick, I was supporting Axel with a little sarcasm. Sorry it was wasted. I still don't get it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now