Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Looking for a CMS thats open source and W3c compliant?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know of a CMS system that is open source and W3C compliant? I'm trialing ATutor and Joomla just wondered what there is available? I've got moodle setup as a VLE too but I just need a basic CMS system to allow staff to update departmental section of our website?

 

Any suggestions?

 

Wes

Posted

I'm running Website Baker for our school site. Most pages validate (there's a button a the bottom of each page). Some modules insert

 

As far as updating is concerned, I've found an HTML filter (like Textile or Markdown) works best instead of WYSIWYG. Basically, it lets you edit pages in a Wiki or BBCode -style editor, and it converts the markup to valid (X)HTML for you. Let me know if you'd like a demo of how ours is set up.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I don't know if people are still looking at this but Joomla isn't 100% W3C compliant. There are a variety of issues with it that I have found (you can work around them if you are careful).

 

I don't know how good the 1.5 series is though, as it is still unstable so I haven't looked into it yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...