SimpleSi Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 Hubris I was literally just about to create a new post on how FF3.6 crashes much less often than prev versions when it crashed when I clicked on back button But I'll carry on anyway I think I've had about 3 crashes since installing it and FF previously goes down about every other day. Now since I run it continously on a non-updated XP machines with 1GB ram with 15 tabs open ranging from websites to VLEs and an FireFTP Session I don't blame it for crashing But I'd recommend upgrading if you've found FF crashes too much for you regards Simon
pooley Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 Have to agree with Si, I have been running 3,6 since release and had 2 crashes, both me being impatient with the back button. Its also a far less memory hog than 3.5.* versions.
SimpleSi Posted January 31, 2010 Author Posted January 31, 2010 Got 15 tabs open and process explorers showing 404k/236k for virtual/working set memory (whatever those are) and AFAIR I used to noramlly run at about 750/500 when I used to have a look but I'd have to be a bit more scientific to confrim it properly. Don't get me wrong - Chrome still seems to be the bees knees for speed but I'm used to FF regards Simon
john Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 I was just going to post how much better it seemed but then it went and crashed
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now