maniac Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 (edited) We run Kaspersky AV here, and I've had a hell of a lot of problems with my wireless clients updating the virus checker from the management console - I think it might be bandwidth related in that the clients detect the link is slow and don't update. I can't find anywhere to change this tolerance myself, so I wrote this script to solve the problem. Thought I'd share it here in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues. It's VBscript so save it as something.VBS and run it as a startup script. 'This file will force Kaspersky to run an update if it has not done so this week. 'There is a delay of 5 minutes before it does this Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") If NOT objFSO.FolderExists("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES") then objFSO.CreateFolder("C:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES") Week=(DatePart("ww",Date)) yr=(DatePart("yyyy",Date)) file="week" & week & " " & yr If Not objFSO.FileExists("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES\" & file) then WScript.Sleep(300000) cmds=WshShell.RUN("C:\Progra~1\Kasper~1\Kasper~1.0fo\avp.exe UPDATE", 0, True) Set objFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES\" & file) End if It creates a directory called Kaspersky_updates on the C:\ to keep track of whether the script has run that week or not - the idea being you don't want to force an update everytime the machine is turned on, that would be silly - I decided once a week was adequate for it to force an update, you could change this to daily if you wanted by editing the script accordingly. It has a delay of 5 minutes to allow the machine to startup properly before it starts running the updater. You can extend this by editing the delay value in the script. Hopefully someone will find it useful, it's certainly helped turn all those red computers to green in my management console. Mike. Edited January 28, 2010 by maniac Damn spelling again!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now