DaveMurphy Posted January 18, 2010 Posted January 18, 2010 I've only noticed this since I installed a visitor counter on my website, Why does Joomla show up saying that 'so many bots' are viewing my website? what are their purpose what do they do or could cause? I don't like Gremlins on my website!
Edu-IT Posted January 18, 2010 Posted January 18, 2010 Bots used to be used by Search Engines for listings and such, I'm not sure whether they're still a major factor? I doubt it. Unless you're bothered by them then I wouldn't worry as they cause no harm from what I understand of them.
DaveMurphy Posted January 18, 2010 Author Posted January 18, 2010 Ah thats ok then Just got a little worried when over 200 people logged onto the site today. I was like errrr. We only normally get around 9 per day.
powdarrmonkey Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 See Slashdot Developers Story | Microsoft Bots Effectively DDoSing Perl CPAN Testers and draw your own inferences
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now