sparkeh Posted January 25, 2010 Posted January 25, 2010 I'm baffled then as to why mine won't assign. It's obviously an RM issue and not an issue with the package. Ok if event logs aren't helping, and assuming you are on CC4,is there anything in RMMC software overview. If it is listed as a failed install then it sometimes has extra info with it.
Edu-IT Posted January 25, 2010 Author Posted January 25, 2010 (edited) I'm just trying again now. @Edu-IT - CC3 or CC4? Maybe you could list your steps and paste the contents of the ini file here so we can check in case you've done Something Stupid . I did what Sparkeh said. On CC4 there is no .ini file as I haven't imported the package as a CC3 one. Edited January 25, 2010 by Edu-IT
enjay Posted January 25, 2010 Posted January 25, 2010 Is there a new features list for 10.6 anywhere?
Edu-IT Posted January 25, 2010 Author Posted January 25, 2010 Okay I think the issue was with having a space in the transform name as I've renamed it, and edited the package in the RMMC, and it has worked I think.
enjay Posted January 25, 2010 Posted January 25, 2010 Okay I think the issue was with having a space in the transform name Now you say that, that rings a bell with a problem I had with 10; the MSI filename can have a space, but not the MST.
enjay Posted January 25, 2010 Posted January 25, 2010 Just tried deallocating my 10.6 package, and it hangs just like 10 did, which IIRC was waiting for me to say what to do about the Gallery content. This doesn't upset me (I'll just whack the new package over the top and delete the old one, just like I always have done) but I thought I'd flag it in case others are more concerned with packages which don't come off.
Edu-IT Posted January 25, 2010 Author Posted January 25, 2010 Any ideas why the .mst wouldn't apply? When I merged the .mst with the msi in Orca everything appeared to be there. Could you post what you have in your .mst minus the key? You are CC3 right? I'm thinking of importing it as a CC3 package. I just put the ini file in the folder don't I and then do the import and it'll move all the files over to repoman?
mjs_mjs Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 You are CC3 right? I'm thinking of importing it as a CC3 package. I just put the ini file in the folder don't I and then do the import and it'll move all the files over to repoman? Sort of, in the folder - you need the MSI, MST and the ini file. Within the ini file you need to specify the MSI and MST. Then you to the import from RMMC, don't move the files directly into repoman, use RMMC.
enjay Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 The MST doesn't open in a paste-friendly way unfortunately; I could paste the XML file from Install Manager if that would help, though. Can't comment on the beautifully-named repoman process, as we're CC3-only.
Edu-IT Posted January 26, 2010 Author Posted January 26, 2010 I've tried merging the MST with the MSI and then resaving just the MSI. We'll see how that goes.
stevehp Posted February 2, 2010 Posted February 2, 2010 Hi all, just to confirm these are now the latest Notebook 10.6 MSIs live on the previous link. The listed Installation Manager will configure these and publish with a MST for the settings you make in the manager. The SMART Response MSIs should follow in a day or so. This was the case with the Response setup wrapper, it followed a day or two after the Notebook 10.6 setup wrapper. Thanks for your patience Steve et al James Any update on the SMART Response MSI's James? The website still lists version 2.1 from Oct 6th not the 2.5 version from last month.
Edu-IT Posted February 8, 2010 Author Posted February 8, 2010 I keep getting "failed to initiliaze 0xc0000001d" when I used the MSI linked to..? Anyone got this to work?
Edu-IT Posted February 8, 2010 Author Posted February 8, 2010 Worked for me... Where did you download the source MSI from? The site linked to on here?
Edu-IT Posted February 8, 2010 Author Posted February 8, 2010 I'll try again tomorrow or Wednesday. To test I am using 'msiexec /i smartnotebook.mst /t notebook.mst /quiet' into CMD. It installs but then throws this exception.
enjay Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 Can't comment on the msiexec command line, as I did it via the package.ini file: [Package] Description=SMART Notebook 10.6 Version=1.0.0.0 OS=5.WS WIPackage=Smart Notebook.msi WITransform=SJC.mst I trust it is just a typo that means you have .mst twice?
Edu-IT Posted February 9, 2010 Author Posted February 9, 2010 Yes it was a typo, and after trying again with new download, still doesn't work. "notebook.exe" is the thing that won't run.
Edu-IT Posted February 9, 2010 Author Posted February 9, 2010 Even after installation? The shortcut on the desktop is notebook.exe.
enjay Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 Ah, no - sorry, I thought you had meant you were having trouble installing it still. You could try downloading the MSI again, as it could have gone corrupt during download?
Edu-IT Posted February 9, 2010 Author Posted February 9, 2010 Ah, no - sorry, I thought you had meant you were having trouble installing it still. You could try downloading the MSI again, as it could have gone corrupt during download? Three times I've tried it now.
Edu-IT Posted February 24, 2010 Author Posted February 24, 2010 Okay so I have a new machine to build on and installs work, but the MST doesn't get applied. Can I see your XML?
enjay Posted February 24, 2010 Posted February 24, 2010 Sorry, I deleted it once I was happy with the MST.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now