mattx Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 Before I part with my hard earned cash...... If so - comments ? USB Wireless Weather Forecaster : Professional Weather Station : Maplin
smadison Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 My brother-in-law has this and he finds it useful and reliable in North Wales. Just make sure you are close by or spend a little bit more on good batteries. He just needed help setting it up as he needs help with his laptop . 1
broc Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 Don't know about that model, but three years ago I bought an earlier version of one of these for my wife who is very interested in the weather. They can be quite addictive! ProX2 with Solar Powered Anemometer It lasted a couple of years then we had all sorts of comms problems & the sensors ate batteries, so I bought her one of these for Christmas last year, having previously installed a similar one in school for our Geography dept Davis 6162UK VP2™ Wireless Plus The Davis products are top notch but expensive..... at home we have the data logger hooked up to a PC, so she can look at the historical data. At school we have the data written to our website 1
Andrew_C Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 We've got an elderly Davis system; down at the moment as I shut the PC down on my way out not expecting to go in tomorrow. It creates gifs that you can stick straight onto web pages, and stores data that your geographers can use. We've had a few issues, but to date nothing insurmountable. Like when the spider moved into the rain sensor, it read about 5m of rain per day for a month before I could get onto the roof to evict her. I know it was a her, as she laid eggs for the next year. 1
Jamman960 Posted January 6, 2010 Posted January 6, 2010 Cant quite remember what system we use at school but it looks similar, we use software called Weather Display and Weather Display Live which is basically a flash front end for the main program that can be uploaded to the web and updated as frequently as you want. would post a link but I haven't got it setup at the mo. Will find out what the hardware is tomorrow. James
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now