Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just finished setting up my laptop ( in other thread) and ubuntu offered to install some Nvidia drivers for my graphics (geforce GT130M) but after installing and rebooting my screen is blank after the white ubuntu symbol ( so I don't see the bootsplash) and I can't log in to fix it.

 

This is quite urgent and I really need to fix it..

Any help appreciated..

Posted

Right. Ive tried X -configure,

no result

 

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -p high xserver-xorg

no result.

 

Tried replacing nvidia with nv and vesa in xorg.

 

no result.

 

tried fixes on other sites

and nothing.

 

I've reinstalled ubuntu completely now, fortunately I learned from previous mistakes and put /home in a separate partition but I'm still annoyed.

 

If anyone knows how to get the drivers working please tell me.

Posted

Just one last problem. I don't really want to start a new thread as its not too important but my novatech laptop (model X65) has a microphone input either side of my webcam. Now ubuntu 9.10 picks them up but it doesn't seem to hear anything, maybe a driver issue?

 

I could have fixed this in the old sound manager but its all new and different so I'm a bit confused by it.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...