Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Got a bit of a problem here.

 

Just done been doing some maintanace on a NAS server which has a datastore for some of our VM's. Since I have rebooted the Nas box ESX4 has picked up the datastore again but now the VM's connected to that datastore are inaccessible.

 

On investigation I have found that the datastore contents are showing contents for a different share on that NAS box and not the correct share where all the VM's are stored.

 

I have never seen this issue and have tried to rescan the datastores but to no avail.

 

Can anyone help me on this. I have logged a call to Vmware but just waiting for a call back but that could be anything up to 4 hours.

 

Thanks

Posted

Can you reboot your ESX Host?

 

If so do that.

 

 

When i added my New SAN a host would not recognize it until the host had been rebooted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...